Monday, November 12, 2012

The Best Vet

In honor of Veteran's Day (no school today) - I wanted to share a video about the only veteran I have really gotten to know on a personal level.  I met Dan at the camp I volunteered for this summer.  It is easy to become a person who feels little or no effects of the war when you do not really know anyone who is fighting in it.  That was me.  I had no friends or siblings or anyone really close to me who was fighting in this war...I only knew what I saw on TV or read in the papers.  Until I got to camp...and I met Dan.  I am including a video that tells Dan's whole story so I will not go into the details myself...but Dan is amazing.  His attitude towards life, his willingness to push himself and never give up - he is the kind of person who would inspire anyone.  He fought for his country and I know he would go back and do it again, even knowing the outcome.  (The video would not embed for some reason, but I am asking you to please click on the link - it is so worth it.)

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Lewis-McChord-soldier-loses-legs---but-not-his-spirit-178718291.html?tab=video&c=y

*This video was shot in August - Dan is already accomplishing major goals - he just completed the Marine Corps Marathon last month.

I did manage to get one video of Dan to embed from YouTube and it is the perfect one for Veteran's Day...we should all be so thankful to these men and women.



No comments:

Post a Comment