Monday, October 1, 2012

A Case of the Mondays...

Today did not go as planned.  I struggled with terrible allergies all day yesterday and ended up getting sent home from school today because I was appearing so sick.  I wanted to wear a mask and at least get my casting done, but that was apparently not in the cards for me today.  I am finally feeling better (after multiple showers and lots of OTC allergy and sinus medicine) so I will just start my week tomorrow.

Of course I am already stressed thinking about how far behind I am going to be with this finally transtibial prosthesis, but there is nothing I can do about it now...just going to have to show up to school tomorrow with a positive attitude and get to work really quickly.  I know most of my classmates are almost done with their test sockets after today, but the entire day's schedule tomorrow is devoted to working on them so I am just really hoping that I am able to get it all done in time.  

My professor told me that he had someone do a cast for me and that there is a filled mold waiting for me on my workbench...I actually think this going to make my job tougher because I am looking at someone else's work and going to try and modify it into something.  I have a feeling this week is not going to go as planned, but I guess this is a great example of real life and something that could happen. I will just have to explain myself in critique and hope my instructors take everything into consideration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment