Sunday, September 9, 2012

I'll Give You a Topic...Prosthetics...Talk Amongst Yourselves

Something that I have really been learning since I decided to get into this industry, is that it is quite the conversation piece.  Whenever I tell people why I am in school and what I am doing, the response is always fascination and curiosity.  I love it!  I love then getting to explain how I got interested in prosthetics and where it has taken me and what I plan on doing in the future.  I love being able to tell people why this field is so amazing and why I am so passionate about it.

I get the most interesting and imaginative questions you can imagine.  Last night, despite the amazing surroundings of a hip downtown hotel in L.A., the main topic was amputees.  Everyone has an opinion on Oscar Pistorius...everyone has questions about the daily life of someone living with an amputation...and everyone is pretty surprised when they find out all of the things prosthetics allows people to do.  I love to share with people how surprisingly not limited people living with amputations are - this is something I was unaware of until I got more involved and I think it is important for people to know.  So I spent a lot of the night answering questions and getting to talk about a subject that I love.  Just another reason I know I have made the right decision in getting into prosthetics.  I am looking forward to it being the topic of conversation at many more dinner parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment